This course will be released December 1st, 8:00 am NZDT
Cost: $90.00 USD
If you do not already have an account on John Cronin's learning site, you will need to register.
Where do you start with your exercise prescription for your client/athletes? There are most likely a few areas that could guide your diagnosis of client/athlete needs. Movement screening prior to gym based training, landing ability prior to plyometric prescription, and understanding inter-limb asymmetry, are some areas that will guide your programming to better effect, and hence provide the foci of this course. Specifically, this course will: 1) introduce you to the movement competency screen, a tool that will help you determine the ability of the client/athlete to execute certain gym-based movement patterns and guide your programming in a systematic manner; 2) develop your understanding of the injurious nature of landing impact forces and provide you with training strategies to increase the resistance of your client/athletes to such injuries; and, 3) explore the area of inter-limb asymmetry in depth from both an injury and performance perspective.
Each topic (Movement Screening, Landing and Asymmetries) is comprised of three units of work.
A Masterclass that introduces you to the mechanics and/or physiology associated with the topic. Information around assessment and programming is typically briefly introduced in this module.
An Assessment Zone that takes you through different types and ways to assess the topic of interest. These assessment zones sometimes finish with a case study where you practice the techniques covered and your interpretation of the data.
- An Exercise Zone where you’ll learn how to implement simple exercise progressions and programming considerations, given the diagnostic information provided in the Assessment Zone.
This course contains a total of 9 modules (3x Masterclasses, 3x Assessment Zones and 3x Exercise Zones).
What you get when you enrol in this course:
- 9-mini video lectures
- Masterclass, Assessment and Exercise Zone presentations
- Course notes
- Quizzes and case studies
- Extra resources and readings
- CPD Certificate
- Unlimited access to the course for the lifetime of the site
What will be covered:
- Movement Screening
- Landing Diagnostics and Exercise Prescription
- Lower Limb Asymmetries
- Understand the mechanics associated with movement screening, landing and asymmetries.
- Evaluate and critique currently used movement assessments
- Critique and apply current knowledge and research of training methods for improving movement, landing and asymmetries